Chapped or dry lips are common problems that can be painful and unattractive. Common symptoms of this problem are redness, dryness, cracking, flaking and tender or sore lips. The best solution for the problem is by proving the best hydration and nourishment to the lips that they are missing. Here we discuss some home remedies for chapped and dry lips so we can try to get rid of dry lips.
What Causes Chapped Lips?
Following are the major factors that lead to chapped lips.
- Damage by sunlight
- Excessive licking lips
- Drinking alcohol and smoking
- Skin irritants in toothpaste
- Some medicines such as chemotherapy drugs
Home Remedies for chapped and dry lips
Here are some of the best home remedies for chapped and dry lips. You can try them for dry lips treatment. These are one of the best treatments for chapped lips.
1. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is used as a remedy for the treatment of dry lips. Take coconut oil or olive oil and add two drops of tree oil in it. Make the blend of these oils and apply it on your chapped lips and leave it for some time. Use this oil 2 to 3 times a day. These oils will work for your lips and help in the treatment of your dry lips because, they contain best moisturizer and lubricants that contain fatty acids which are good for lips health.
Honey is also an excellent moisturizer that healing and antibacterial properties to treat chapped and dry lips. Just apply pure honey to your affected lips several times a day.
You can also make a paste of honey and glycerin and apply it on your lips before going to bed.
Dehydration also induces chapped lips. Thus drinking the plenty of water during the day will help you to keep the lips well and also benefits all body parts. Water will also help to wash out toxins and other unwanted things from the body. Consume at least 8 to 10 glass of water daily as it is best for your health.
4. Castor oil
Castor oil is also a great option on how to treat chapped lips.
- Make a mixture by mixing castor oil and glycerin in equal amounts.
- Add some drops of lemon juice and mix them well.
- Apply this mixture to your affected lips before going to bed.
- Wash off your lips in the early morning.
- You can also use castor oil on your lips several times a day.
5. Rose petals
The rose plant will enhance the beauty and color of the lips by moisturizing them well. The rose petals extracted from the fresh rose plant will also relive the chapped lips.
- Get a few of rose leaves and clean them entirely using water.
- Soak the petals in milk or glycerin depending on your choice for ten minutes.
- Mash the petals into a thick paste.
- Apply the resulting mixture on your lips three times within the day and just before sleeping.
Cucumber is also a remedy to cure chapped lips. They will well moisturize your lips with the help of water present in the cucumber. They also contribute to relieving the discomfort that comes with chapped lips. They also contain other healthy nutrients such as ascorbic acid and caffeic acid which plays a valuable role in the healing of chapped lips as well as other mouth sores.
- Cut a small piece of cucumber and rub it over your lips so that its juice is applied to them.
- Leave the used juice for 20 minutes and then wash your lips.
- Repeat this activity three or more times a day.
You can follow these simple tips to get rid of chapped and dry lips. These are the best and easiest home remedies for the treatment of dry and chapped lips.